Dispell (Alt: Dispell) is a 2nd class active skill available as a Professor.
It attempts to nullify the majority of the stat changes, benefits and status effects of a single target. Each successful cast consumes a Yellow Gemstone.
List of unaffected benefits
There are certain buffs which cannot be dispelled:
- Chemical Protection skills of Alchemists.
- Divest status of Rogue skills.
- Enchant Deadly Poison.
- Ninja Aura.
- Players using shields with Golden Thiefbug Card cannot be dispelled.
- Power Up.
- Stalkers and Shadow Chasers linked with the Rogue Spirit are immune.
- Soul Linkers are naturally immune.
- TaeKwon Kid's Mild Wind, Tumbling, and kick stances.
- TaeKwon Master's Heat skills.
- Movement Speed boost gained from items.
- Cart Boost.
- Gunslinger's self buffs.
- This skill works on guild mates and allies in PvP environment when holding the Shift key. Party members can also be targeted in non-PvP areas.
- If skill is not mastered, target's magic defense lowers the chance of effect.
- This skill is not widely used in PvM environments, but is a heavily favored skill in PvP. Most classes have specific buffs and usable items that ensure their efficiency, and this skill is capable of removing many of them. The opponent is therefore forced to continue with limited abilities or re-buff themselves. Certain classes have skills that require a specific buff to be active, such as Monk's Guillotine Fist which requires Fury to be active, or Paladin's Martyr's Reckoning which is a self-buff until it is consumed. This allows this skill to temporarily disable such classes effectively.